Monday, January 5, 2009

Tip Toe Through the Tulips

So, through dint of much effort and gold, my beloved Boonybaby went and made me some shinies!

Spiked Titansteel Helmet, Titansteel Destroyer and Spiked Titansteel Treads...

(These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do, one of these days these boots will walk all over you!)

(Ah Nancy Sinatra.)

Don't you just love people who make you pretty shinies?

Anyway...

He made me these items because I was grousing about having a GREEN quality weapon. I was quite ashamed. And such shame should never be shouldered by a retribution paladin.

So he fixed it! Yay!

Yesterday I was invited to visit another guild in a raid on Wintergrasp and Obsidian Sanctum. 'Twas very much fun. Alas, I only got a bag out of the deal, but I'll live somehow.

Then as a guild, we ventured into Naxx-10.

Our brave explorers were the two meatshields, warriors Posolutely and Balendin, three never-ending-health-potions, the paladin Boon, the druid Kyuushi and the priest Janril and the five 'we kill you!' damage dealers, the mage Micromachine, the hunters Wolfinme and Neshura, with their companions the kitty Max and the albino devilsaur Petunia and then the two paladins, Iceravens and Kvasira.

We one shot the fist two bosses in the 'Eek, get them off of me!' quarter, then had a hard time with the big spider. We had the strategy down well... it was just a matter of the tank getting crunched in a web-wrap during the last 30%.

Finally, it came down to the wire! The tank was dying (again, what a lazy gnome.)! I used Lay on Hands and poof, he was back alive. But then he died. And then someone else died. And then it was eating me! (eek, get it off!)

So I bubbled. Boon bubbled. We hammer of wrathed, holy shocked, crusader striked, Neshura (who was still alive. I think she fainted and then woke up again) plunked it full of arrows and then it .. died.

And it was me. And Neshura. And 10 little spiders! (eek, get them off!)

A ret paladins work is never done.

After that, we pushed on to the plague quarters, and we wiped on the first gargoyle patrol.

See? See? That's juju!

"OMG! WE JUST KILLED MAEXXNA! WE ARE SO 7334!"

"... did we just wipe on a patrol trash mob?"

We killed Noth, after one wipe (or was it two? I was losing count) and then had to call it a night as some of us have to work in the morning. (like me, very sad.)

So, I was wrong in how many times we'd wipe on the way to the first boss... but we probably wiped 5 times on Maexxna before we got it right.

So I get the consolation prize of a level 80 shaman.

No comments:

Post a Comment