Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kikidas @ 73 : 43/0/21

That's right. I respecced.

And not surprisingly, I'm enjoying it more than I was. I do plan on going as deep into affliction as I can, while trying to retain my Devastation, Ruin and Shadowburn. Which won't work for anyone, but I'll play with it.

What do I mean by it won't work? We'll touch on that in a second.

Also not surprisingly... I'm not dying anymore.

I know it's just a matter of playstyle. Lots of warlocks dot up tons of mobs and kite them around in circles until they all die.

And yes, that is hilariously fun, but it doesn't suit my playstyle.

Now, why won't Devastation and Ruin work for deep affliction? First of all, to get Haunt, you can't get Devastation.

Secondly, everything I'm reading of a full deep affliction cycle has barely any time to cast even the occasional SB to get the debuff from ISB, or if you're going for Shadows Embrace before you hit the mob with Haunt... that why should I have Ruin (increases crit bonus of my destruction spells by 100% at max rank)? I won't ever be casting it. Arguably it would increase the crit bonus of my Immolate, but really?

So I have a lot of playing to do.

So saying, my hare-brained hybrid spec worked well for me in TBC, even though no one else I knew had something anything close to it.

Maybe a new hare-brained hybrid spec will work for me in WotLK too.

We'll have to see what I can come up with, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment