Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rogue vs. Retadin

I don't have anything interesting to post today, not really, because yesterday I was tabletopping.

So I will instead relate something that happened a few days ago. I took my rogue into AV, to try to nab a few achievements, hoping to loot a bunch of storm crystals and stuff, wind up dying as I surely would, and get sent back to defense where I could turn it in for reputation.

Instead, I somehow found myself solo-defending IBT.

Naturally, I'm nervous. Kava has no PvP gear other than the Brutal Gladiator's Gloves, and I've never been particularly skilled at PvPing, despite my Retadin's success at it.

Now, I am going to assume that the person who came running up the tower was a retadin. It was a BElf Paladin. He had a big two hander on his back.

He came running around the doorway and *sap*.

*cheap shot*
-- 110 energy --
*shiv* *mutilate* *mutilate*
*kidney shot*
*mutilate* *mutilate*
*cold blood* *eviscerate*
Honor Kill

I was stunned.. as he was, undoubtedly!

Now, I didn't notice, was he level 70 or not? No idea. I'm guessing not, because I really can't imagine that I took down a level 70 retadin THAT fast.

But I chortled to myself as IBT burned.

And I've always HATED rogues that stunlocked me. You know... cheap shot, kidney shot - vanish - cheap shot, kidney shot and dead.

Was it cool? Yes. Was it efficient? Sure! Was it all that fun? Not if I did it all the time. Wouldn't that get to the point where it feels like shooting fish in a barrel? Where's the thrill? Where's the excitement? Where's the MUAHAHAHAHA! moment?

Either way... I am the party star!

2 comments: