Saturday, April 5, 2008

Crusader Strike! BAM!

In keeping with my previous post, I was being all paladiny yesterday. I took my shiny new spec and I went out to Winterspring to do some quests.

Now, in the past, I could handle something maybe orange level but I had to be full up on mana and health to do so. I could handle two yellow level things, but I had to be full up on mana and health to do so.

Yesterday, I was chaining orange and yellow mobs, starting out 1/4 down on mana. I could feel my jaw hanging open the first time I wasn't paying attention and wound up chaining four mobs on me at once. I said to myself, 'Crap, I'm going to die. But I'll take as many of them with me as possible!'...'I haven't died yet, okay... next mob.'...'Holy hell, how did I live?'

My husband, the renowned healadin Boon, said that he tried ret when it became 'viable', bought the reputation gear that's available, and couldn't kill a thing. Now, I'm not saying he's a bad paladin -- with his spec, he can main heal and main tank (5-mans), gear dependent -- but maybe he doesn't have the mindset to be a retribution paladin? Who knows!

All I know is that after I read RetLoL, respecced and did some of the things they recommended doing, I was killing things better and faster than ever before. It makes me want to rescind my statement yesterday that my previous spec worked! The change was dramatic, like the difference between a Cinnaspin girlscout cookie and a Cinnabon cinnamon roll.

(Mmmmm... cinnabon.)

Now, I'm at a crossroads. My paladin is 56. My shaman is 51. The triumverate is a quatrille, as Neshura the hunter is Zeshura the priest. Boon is a gnome warrior named Fyzzgig. Owaru is a hunter named Teppou. So the question becomes, do I stay enhancement shaman with that group or do I bring my retribution paladin to that group? Either way, I'm competing with someone for gear -- either the hunter with mail drops or the warrior with plate drops.

I have a feeling it would be easier to solo a shaman through instances than it would be to solo a ret.pally through instances. :P Silly preconcieved notions!

No comments:

Post a Comment