Friday, May 30, 2008

Nifty abilities that I lack...

  • The ability to link items to wowhead.com and have them pop up on mouse-over.
    • I've tried. I've had it explained to me. I've done what was recommended. And yet I still fail. I've even gone and looked at the source-code on a few pages that actually use the pop-up things and done what it looked like they had there. I still failed. Epic failure.
  • The ability to do a 'click here to read more' link.
    • Again, one of those things that I look around on my 'posting' page and I look at source code and I try to figure out how to do it and just simply cannot figure it out. i r dum.
  • The ability to make a blog banner.
    • Everyone has one but me. I feel lonely. I've found a few links to how to make one using photoshop, so maybe this weekend I can add this to the short 'nifty ability that I can do' list.
  • The ability to write an informative blog that doesn't degenerate into K-babble.
    • I've tried. The one time I tried, it came out too dry and boring. Not at all like the posts that Bremm writes about or that I'm finding more and more frequently on blogs that I discover.
  • The ability to theorycraft.
    • I tried once! I did. I really did. But nothing like what SuraBear has the ability to do. I'm limited to reading what others have theorized and going from there. This isn't necessarily a bad thing... it means I have more time to be lazy and write badly written posts. :)

I don't know if that makes me a bad person or a bad blogger. Oh well. I shall continue to blog simply because it gives me something to do at work and a place to write my ventings about the people I run across in the world. :)


On an aside, I've updated my bloglist, removed a few that I no longer read and added a few that I'm starting to read more of. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I'll help you out with these nifty abilities anytime.

    Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first three I'll take help with, the last two I think will never happen.

    Theorycrafting and myself just don't mix.

    As for informative posts... well, I'll leave that to the intelligent people I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading your blog because I loved a post you did a while back about your guild and how it's difficult to do "casual raiding" in a guild. My guild is going through similar issues as an RP/raiding guild. I even posted a link to the entry on our Officer forums. So none of this nonsense about not having writing skills, and I want to hear more about how your guild is doing.

    ReplyDelete